Sunday, September 12, 2010

Summer is slowly heading out of here...

And I do mean slowly...it is still way up in the 90's here and very humid. It will cool down soon, it will cool down soon, it will cool down soon!! At least that is what the calendar is saying. Yes I am a cool weather person...I can't help it, I am. The grandbabie's have been enjoying what is left of the warm weather with some pool time. Seth who is 4 is swimming pretty good on his own now and Sion who is 2 is becoming quite a water baby too! They love it when Uncle Boo swims with them. His name is Christopher, but when Seth was little that was quite a mouth full for him to say...Uncle Christopher...it kinda came out "Unka Foo" and eventually ended up being "Uncle Boo." And it stuck.
And guess what else? Seth started pre-K....yes my baby is going to school!!! How did that happen!!!!!???? Oh he loves it... so far he is doing very well and getting those "green apples" (this is a good thing!) and getting to get a prize out of the treasure chest each Friday. He is such a big boy and a good big brother...and yes he is just 4.

Sion likes to "drarw" while bubba is at school...
This is an octopus wearing sunglasses....I see it!! Don't you???
I made a birthday card a few days ago for my mom. The flower is a TAC stamp that I colored with my Prisma pencils and gamsol...twice. The first image was embossed with my Cuttlebug. The second one I "colored" and then very carefully cut it out...love my Tim Holtz scissors by Tonic...and then pop dotted to the first image. There is a glittery yellow button from American Crafts Elements in the center tied with embroidery floss. The paper is from Graphic 45...Domestic Goddess. I just love Graphic 45! The bottom was punched with a punch from Martha Stewart.
And last but not least...I have a new dog...no not really, same dog. He had gained a couple of pounds and had gotten very sluggish, grumpy and slept all the time. He also started having seizures. A trip to the vet and some blood work found he has a thyroid problem...did you know that dogs can have thyroid problems??? Anyway, he is now on thyroid meds twice a day. We noticed almost immediately that he seemed to be perking up. He has been on it a month now and is back to his old self...playful, full of energy, and wants to go outside and run EVERYWHERE...several times a day...wears me out...lol. He goes back to the vet tomorrow for more blood work to check his levels. I bet he has lost those 2 lbs.

Well I am going to run for now, it's time to get ready to go back to church. I will...

TTYL

6 comments:

Stef H said...

well it sounds like life is moving along well - that is good! wow! how fast they grow!!! your card is gorgeous. one of my favorite stamps too! glad to see & hear all IS ok. i'm with you... give me that cooler weather!

sooooooo nice to see you. stay well, my friend.

hugs :)

Lynn's Place said...

Wow really like the changes TFS

Unknown said...

Love the updates! Thanks so much for sharing!

Jessica said...

I had no idea dogs even had thyroids! I just started taking meds for mine too! I noticed a difference right away. But am now back to sluggish. So the doc will probably up the meds. Little ones off to school! Ahhh Fall, well some day.... soon I hope!

Heidi Hihn said...

Your grandsons are beautiful!! O, what fun....those first days of school! Adore your card! That is one of my favorite images!! Your puppy is cute!! I hope he is doing well!!

Patricia St Martin said...

Wow girl you have had a busy summer and it keeps going on.. and now school. Love all the pictures, great card. Sure have a lot of candy!
Be good, sending hugs to your family.